Monday, November 5, 2012

Count Down....10.....

Today I realised I'll be 33 years old in 10 days' time.  Does that put me in my mid-thirties?  I guess so.

I quite like the idea of being 33.  It is an interesting-sounding age.

To herald the arrival of my 33rd birthday and also to bid farewell to my last days as a 32 year old, I have decided to try and squeeze-in 33 fun things in the next 10 days.  So as long as I find around 3 fun things to do each day, I should hit my target.

I realise this is a completely self-indulgent task to have set myself, however I am going to document it all the same.  Even if it is only to amuse myself as a 73 year old, as I go trawling through the annals of the interweb to dig up the drivel I blogged about as a 32/33 year old.

So, fun things today:

Number One:  I got a haircut!  This had the potential to be un-fun, as my previous hairdressing experience in Paris had been - they made me orange (and I'm pretty sure that had less to do with my badly-pronounced request in French, and more to do with their incompetency - those imbéciles!) However this experience was fun because they managed to not freakify me.  And they brewed me two pots of very satisfying herbal tea (I was there quite a while...).  And I had the nice hairdresser man cut me a fringe - or frongsh as they pronounce it in these parts.  It is fun to have a frongsh again.


Number Two:  I ate pistacchio and chocolate gelato for lunch.  That's it.  Just the ice-cream.  It was crazy delicious!



Number Three:  I bought a selection of underwear - lingerie, if you will! - from Galleries Lafayette.  I decided it really was time to retire the miserable range of undies that served me well for three long years in Vila.  They are off to the big lingerie shop in the sky.  (Incidentally, if you did have to depict what a heavenly-type version of a lingerie shop would look like, you probably would end up with something that looks pretty much like Galleries Lafayette).  Shopping for undies in Galleries Lafayette is fun!  It sure beats the hell out of Big W.

Wear your undies on your head!




No comments:

Post a Comment